When you specialize in making parts that other shops consider too complicated, every project is exciting! But some of the coolest RFQs we receive are for ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) parts.
What machine shop doesn’t want to build parts that could end up on the Moon or Mars?
Wagner Machine has the manufacturing capabilities to machine these high-stakes parts and the quality system in place to verify precision and accuracy. When you make parts for the military and national defense, you take all customer specifications seriously.
We are ITAR registered and committed to achieving the highest levels of ITAR compliance.
What Is ITAR Registration?
ITAR controls the export of physical materials and technical data pertaining to items found on the United States Munitions List. The goal of the regulation is to ensure that only United States citizens have access to military defense and aerospace information that could otherwise compromise U.S. national security or foreign policy.
ITAR registration is required not only of the manufacturers making USML parts, but any company in the supply chain, including distributors, sellers, and computer software and/or hardware vendors.
Being ITAR registered is great, but if a shop doesn’t consistently adhere to the stringent requirements, ultimately it’s nothing more than a piece of paper. It is of paramount importance that military and defense customers get the level of process documentation and security they expect when they work with an ITAR registered machine shop.
ITAR Compliance at Wagner Machine
At our Illinois machine shop, being ITAR compliant touches every aspect of our company, from sales and marketing to shipping and logistics.
What does it take to be an ITAR registered machine shop that’s fully ITAR compliant? Wagner Machine is committed to ITAR compliance in every facet of our operations.
Our ITAR Process Documentation
Our documentation processes were ITAR compliant even before we were registered, but we added a few additional measures after obtaining our ITAR registration:
- Designating special job travelers for all ITAR part documentation
- Protecting all documentation, ensuring that any physical or technical data pertaining to an ITAR part remain concealed when not in use
- Requiring a signed NDA from everyone who enters our shop or quality department
- Ensuring that our ITAR processes are written into our shop’s standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Requiring an escort for any visitors in our shop
Our Security Ensures ITAR Compliance
Network security has always been a priority at our machine shop. Here’s how we have maintained our ITAR compliance:
- Invested $70,000 in server upgrades to ensure network security compliant with ITAR standards
- Staff in-house IT and software development led by our Chief Information Officer
- Key card logins for all computers
- Implemented a highly secure digital quoting system built to protect sensitive data
- Track files downloaded to external devices
When you need a dedicated machine shop to make your next ITAR part, send it to us using our ITAR compliant quoting system. We excel at creating complex machined parts for high-stakes applications.